Legacy Christian Academy students will branch out to help out March 13 by hosting its second annual Learning Thru Serving Day, designed to teach children the value of serving others. Students from pre-school through 9th grade will help the elderly and those in need in Caseyville, Washington Park and surrounding communities.
Activities will range from pre-school and kindergarten students playing bingo with residents of the Charles Gardens Retirement Center in Fairview Heights to older students helping to clean up three yards of local shut ins to cleaning the park in Caseyville. A group will also go to a Hispanic ministry in Washington Park to clean up.
Legacy Christian Academy
- -The Bible to be the only inspired, infallible, and authoritative Word of God.
- -That there is one God, eternally existent in three persons; Father, Son and the Holy Spirit.
- -In the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles, atoning death on the cross, bodily resurrection, bodily ascension into heaven & His personal return once again in power and glory.
- -That salvation cannot be gained by human effort, but only through God's grace in the redemption He provided in Jesus Christ; a redemption which leads to a life devoted to obeying God.
- -That repentant believers in Christ should be baptized in water, by immersion (the Biblical form of baptism), in obedience to Christ.
- -In the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, indwelling, the Christian is enabled to live a Godly life.
- -In the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved into the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.